Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Can Married People Date...?

CAN MARRIED PEOPLE DATE...?
DATING GUIDE
Romantic Musings
A Spoof
By
VIKRAM KARVE 


 WHAT IS DATING…?

A “girl” asked me out on a date.

Since  I am “out of date” on “dating” – I decided to re-check the meaning of the term “dating”.

So – I Googled the word “Dating” – and the top hit was the Wikipedia Page on “Dating”.

Here is the definition of “Dating” from the Wikipedia Page on Dating (url: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating accessed on 07 March 2016):

Dating is a part of the human mating process  whereby  two people meet socially for companionship  beyond the level of friendship  or with the aim of each assessing the other’s suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or marriage. 

Later – there is an elaboration:

One of the main purposes of dating is for two or more people to evaluate one another’s suitability as a long term companion or spouse.

From the definition of “dating” above – I surmise that the principal objective of “dating” is “to assess the suitability of the ‘Dating Partner’ for an “Intimate Relationship” or as a prospective Wife/Husband”.

So – in the light of the definition of dating – I reflected on the “moot question”:

“Should I accept the girl’s dating proposal and go out on a date with her...?”

Well – let me ruminate on the two salient aspects of the “dating definition: 


1. DATING FOR MARRIAGE

I am married.

In fact – I am “much married” for almost 35 years to the same wife.

And – I do not intend to divorce my wife and marry the “girl”.

Actually – even if I want to marry the “girl” – it may not be feasible – since my wife may not be very eager to divorce me.

So – why should I waste time and resources “assessing” the girl’s “suitability” as a “prospective wife” – when I know that marrying her is not possible.

Now – does the “girl” want to “date” me in order to assess my “suitability” as a “Prospective Husband”...? 

Well – you will have to ask her that. 


2. DATING FOR INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP

And – since I am married – as far as having an extra-marital “intimate relationship” is concerned – the less said the better. 


CAN I GO ON A “DATE” WITH THE “GIRL”...? 

As far as going on a “date” with the “girl” is concerned – for me – both objectives of dating” don’t seem feasible to achieve.

I cannot marry the girl.

I am not inclined to have an intimate relationship” with her. 

So – with both options closed (marriage and intimate relationship– sadly – for me – the pleasure of “dating” is ruled out. 


CAN YOU TAKE YOUR SPOUSE ON A DATE...?  

Well – you may console me and say: 

“Why don’t you take your wife out on a date…?”

Come on – don’t be crazy.

Do you want me to assess the suitability of my own wife for an “intimate relationship” (or as a “prospective wife”) after being married to her for almost 35 years…? 

So – “dating” is ruled out for me – both inside marriage and outside marriage.

Yes – no intra-marital dating for me – and  no extra-marital dating for me. 

In fact – in my entire life  I have never had the experience of dating.

I have had zero dates – “pre-marital”, intra-marital” or extra-marital” – zero dating life.

So – I am destined to a “dateless” life.


HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY

So – since “dating” is ruled out for me – all I can do  is to wish my one and only “Better Half” – and – all my “girlfriends” – a very Happy Women’s Day. 

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a fictional spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All Stories in this Blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved)

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

This is a revised version on my story posted online earlier in my Academic and Creative Writing Journal Vikram Karve Blog on March 8, 2016 at urlhttp://karvediat.blogspot.in/2016/03/dating-guide-should-i-go-on-date.html and http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2016/09/dating-guide-what-is-dating.html

No comments: