Saturday, March 14, 2015

WAKAD PUNE FOOD GUIDE - BIRYANI

WAKAD FOOD GUIDE

3 GOOD HOME-DELIVERY BIRYANIS IN WAKAD PUNE
Value-For-Money “Eating In”
By
VIKRAM KARVE

When I lived in happening places like South Mumbai and New Delhi – we used to “eat out”.

But after relocating to Wakad (in the suburbs of Pune) – we “eat in”.

Sadly – in Wakad – there are very few decent affordable ‘value-for-money’ restaurants where you can “eat out”.

So if you are a foodie – and you happen to live in Wakad – then – whenever you feel hungry – the best thing to do is to pick up your mobile phone and order your food “home delivery” and “eat in” – yes – it is best to eat outside food in the comfort of your home.

When I lived in Mumbai from 2000 – 2006 (the best 6 years of my life) – I used to go on super-long “food walks” every evening (and on Sunday Mornings).

I started blogging about my foodie adventures in Mumbai – and some of these “foodie” blog posts were compiled in a book APPETITE FOR A STROLL (my first book which made me a “published author”).

And for the benefit of fellow foodies in Mumbai – on my blog – I posted “A Trencherman’s ‘Value-for-Money’ Mumbai Good Food Guide” (yes – as far as food is considered – I am a simple earthy down-to-earth ‘trencherman’ and not a high-falutin ‘connoisseur’ of ‘fine dining’ food).

This “food guide” was more of a “laundry list” of my favourite eateries – I had walked there – and I had eaten there.

Click the link below to open My Mumbai Food Guide in a new window.


But remember to come back here for my 3 favourite biryanis in Wakad – or maybe it is best for you to read my Trencherman’s ‘Mumbai Food Guide’ later.

Now – coming back to the ‘back of beyond’ Wakad – I have been going on my “food-walks” here too – but mainly to pick up menu cards – since most of the places open later in the evening.

I was tempted to post a similar Trencherman’s “Laundry List” for Wakad – but I desisted from doing so for reasons which are obvious if you read my long-winded incoherent Mumbai Food Guide.

Nowadays – readers have very small spans of attention – and are looking for specific information.

So – I will keep posting “cuisine wise” details of my favourite ‘home-delivery’ foodie places in Wakad – and since taste is a subjective aspect – I will refrain from ‘grading’ or giving “stars”.

Today – let me tell you about my 3 favourite home-delivery Chicken Biryanis in Wakad (phone/mobile numbers in brackets).

Why Chicken Biryani?

Well – ever since I have come to Pune – I avoid Mutton Biryani – because – in general – the quality of mutton in Pune is not that consistent – so I have Mutton Biryani only in certain select places like Dorabjee, Blue Nile, Rashid Khan etc


3 GOOD HOME-DELIVERY BIRYANIS IN WAKAD PUNE

1. Dum Dumaadum (8087000274/8087000275)

I like their signature “Chicken Matka Dum Biryani” which is cooked in a clay pot and delivered sealed in the clay pot. The mildly spiced ‘Chicken Awadhi Dum Biryani’ is also delicious.

2. Desi Chulha (7030446969/7030666969)

Their ‘chulha cooked’ Chicken Dum Biryani has a unique mint (pudina) flavor and leaves a wonderful aftertaste on the tongue.

3. Eatsome (020-22934341/020-60509080/09325545355) www.eatsome.in

Eatsome serves 2 Types of Chicken Biryani – Chicken Tikka Biryani (which is reminiscent of the one served at Noorani on Tardeo Road in Mumbai and George on East Street in Pune) and the rather spicy Chicken Bhuna Biryani.

As I said earlier – I am not going to “judge” these Biryanis.

But I will tell you ‘How to Judge a Biryani’ – so whenever you order a Biryani you can ‘evaluate’ it yourself.

Just click the link below and read my foodie article on HOW TO JUDGE A BIRYANI


PS: Dear Fellow Foodie: This evening – during my foodwalk” in Wakad – I may have a quick bite at a place called “Singh Saab Da Burger” – and – of course – I will tell you all about it.

Till then  HAPPY EATING

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. These are my personal views based on my personal experience. Please do your own due diligence while testing a Biryani.
2. All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.

Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)

No comments: