ARE WE HEADING FOR ANOTHER HIMALAYAN BLUNDER
Is it Time to Study the 1962 India China War and Avoid the Same Mistakes
Recent events in Ladakh give one a sense of déjà vu.
Are we heading for another Himalayan Blunder?
I have heard a saying: THOSE WHO DO NOT LEARN FROM HISTORY ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT.
I think it may be a good idea for the powers-that-be (Political, Diplomatic, Civil and Military) to Recap the 1962 India China War and Avoid the Same Mistakes.
On this topic of the 1962 Sino India Conflict there are many books and a lot of literature available on the internet and in reference journals (like USI Journal) and libraries.
Here are a few books on the 1962 India China War which are worth reading:
1. The Untold Story By BM Kaul
2. Himalayan Blunder by JP Dalvi
3. The Unfought War of 1962 By JR Saigal
4. The Fall of Towang By Niranjan Prasad
5. War in the High Himalaya by DK Palit
6. Recollections of The Se La Bomdila Debacle 1962 by Jaidev Singh Datta
7. India’s China War by Neville Maxwell
Maybe, reading these books will make us aware of our mistakes of the past so that we don’t repeat them.
We cannot to afford to ignore the lessons of history.
If we do so it will be to our own peril.
That is why we must read such books and take cognizance of the message they try to convey.
In such matters, a studied response may be prudent if are to ensure that history does not repeat itself and we do not head for another Himalayan Blunder.