Monday, January 3, 2022

The “Tomboy” – Unfinished Story

Unfinished Story

THE “TOMBOY”

_______

 

The “Tomboy”

Story

By

Vikram Karve

_______

THE “TOMBOY” – PART 1

_______

The doorbell rings.

It must be my husband.

Hope he is not drenched.

It is raining heavily – a sudden unexpected shower – so – my husband must have gone out without an umbrella.

I open the door.

I am taken aback with surprise.

Instead of my husband – I see a horrible looking creature standing outside the door.

Actually – it is young woman – but – she looks so disheveled and dirty – that “creature” is an apt word to describe her.

She is totally drenched – and looks horrible – covered from head to toe with filthy wet mud – as if she has had a “mud bath”.

“Hello Aunty…” she says.

Why is this girl calling me “Aunty” – I wonder to myself.

“Who are you…? What do you want…?” I ask her rudely.

“I am Tanya – Rohan’s friend…” she says.

For a moment – I am perplexed – my son Rohan – he is such a nice well-groomed boy – how can he have such scruffy girl as a friend.

I decide to call up Rohan and ask him.

But – before I can do that – the girl says to me: “Aunty – aren’t you going to ask me to come in…?”

And – she brazenly pushes her way into my house.

Shocked by her impertinent behaviour – I feel very angry at her.

I want to throw this filthy woman out my house.

“Should I call the police…? Is she some sort of criminal – a thief who has come to burgle my house…?” I wonder to myself.

But – before I can react – she speaks again.

“Aunty – I didn’t think it would rain today – I was caught off-guard by a sudden heavy shower – and I got all drenched – I even got sprayed by a shower of mud as a passing car drove over a puddle…” she says – and – she walks past me towards the bedrooms.

While walking – she looks at me – and she says to me: “Aunty – I will go and dry myself – maybe I’ll have a nice hot shower – and put on some dry clothes…”

And – she walks towards Rohan’s room.
“How does she know the layout of your house…” I wonder to myself.

So – I ask her: “Have you been here before…?”

She says: “Yes – Rohan had brought me here once – when you had gone a tour to Europe – in fact – we spent the night together…”

“What…? You stayed here with Rohan the whole night…?” I ask, scandalized.

“Aunty – it’s not what you think – we didn’t do anything improper – he had brought me here to show me the house – we were just planning to spend the evening together having pizza and beer – and – it suddenly started raining heavily – just like today – so – Rohan asked me to stay here – it rained heavily the entire night – so – I went back in the morning…” she says to me.

Then – she opens the door of Rohan’s room – she goes inside – and she closes the door.

I stand there – totally flabbergasted – by her insolent behaviour.

_____

To be continued in Part 2

_____ 

VIKRAM KARVE

Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a fictional spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh. 
2. This story is a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the story are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
3. E&OE

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved)
     
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.
 

No comments: