Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The “Tomboy” : Parts 1 and 2

 _______

The “Tomboy” : Parts 1 and 2

Story

By

Vikram Karve

_______

THE “TOMBOY” – PART 2

continued from THE “TOMBOY” – PART 1

_______

I feel angry – very angry – at this ill-mannered girl – the way she has barged into my house and behaved in a most brazen manner.

Just imagine – she is in my son’s bedroom – probably in his bathroom having a hot shower.

For some time – I sit on the sofa – wondering what to do.

Then – I decide to call my son Rohan – but – as expected – his mobile phone is switched off – as expected – he always keeps his mobile phone off when he is working.

Hopefully – he will see my missed call and call me back during his lunch break.

I call my husband – he says he is stranded in the market because of the heavy rain – and he will come back after it stops raining.

I tell him to come home at once – take an autorickshaw or taxi or something.

“You want me to come home immediately…? Is there a problem…?” he asks me.

“Yes – there is a “intruder” in the house – I want you to come immediately and throw her out…” I say to my husband.

“Intruder…? Her…? Is it a woman…? Should I call the police…?” he asks – with anxiety in his voice.

“You just come home immediately…!!! Do you understand…?” I shout at my husband – and – I disconnect the call.

The door of Rohan’s room opens – and – the girl called “Tanya” – she comes out.

She is wearing Rohan’s clothes – shorts – and T-Shirt – they look quite baggy on her.

Her face looks presentable – and her short hair is combed like a man’s hairstyle – giving her a “Tomboyish” look.

The girl smiles at me and says: “Come on, Aunty – I am not an intruder – I told you I am Rohan’s friend…”

I give her a quizzical look – was she eavesdropping when I was speaking to my husband…?

“You were shouting so loudly on the mobile that I could hear everything in the other room…” the girl says with a smile.

“You can go now…” I say to her.

“Please, Aunty – let it stop raining – and let “Uncle” come home – I want to speak to both of you – that’s why I have come here – without telling Rohan…”

“Without telling Rohan…? I will call him right now – and tell him to come home and take you away…” I say to her.

“Aunty – you know that his mobile will be off now – you can call him after an hour – during lunch break…” she says.

“How do you know all this…?” I ask her.

“Aunty – Rohan and I work in the same office – we are colleagues…” she says, “in fact – we are more than just colleagues – we have been seeing each other for the last few months – and now – we want to take our relationship to the next level – we want to get married…” the girl says.

“What nonsense…!!!” I say – taken aback.

“I want to marry your son Rohan – and – I have come to take your permission to do so…” she says, with a smile.

“No. No. It’s not possible – Rohan has never told me about you – he tells me everything…” I say – when she interrupts me.

“I know, Aunty – Rohan wanted us to elope and get married…” she says.

“Elope…?” I say, stunned out of my wits.

This is a total shock to me – I thought my son Rohan was “Mamma’s Boy” – normally – he told me everything – but – Rohan had not told me about this girl – and worse – I never expected him to betray me and elope and marry this girl.

It is unbelievable.

The doorbell rings.

“It must be “Uncle”…!!!” the girl says excitedly – and she quickly goes to open the door.

The girl opens the door.

My husband stands outside – looks at the girl.

“Hello Uncle – I am Tanya – the “intruder”…!!!” the girl says with a mischievous smile.

My husband looks at the girl – he looks at the clothes she is wearing – Rohan’s T-Shirt and Shorts.

Then – he looks at me and raises his eyebrows as if questioning me.

The girl moves aside and says to my husband: “Uncle – why don’t you go in and dry yourself up…? Then – we can sit and talk…”

_________

VIKRAM KARVE

Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a fictional spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh. 
2. This story is a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the story are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
3. E&OE

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved)
     
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.
 

No comments: