Sunday, July 13, 2014

Humor in Uniform - ANGER MANAGEMENT

HUMOUR IN UNIFORM

ANGER MANAGEMENT
A Spoof
By
VIKRAM KARVE

Long back, when I was in the Navy, I once had a terrible boss.

Every morning, he used to reach office in a foul mood and start shouting at me and everyone else, and this would spoil our mood and vitiate the office atmosphere for the entire day.

One day I complained to the Big Boss and told him that I did not want to serve under this individual and asked for a transfer out of the department.

The Big Boss refused my request.

He asked me to understand the situation.

The Big Boss told me that my Boss had a very unhappy family life, which caused a lot of pent up frustration and anger within him.

Hence my Boss took out all his bottled up anger on me the moment he reached office.

He told me ignore the ranting of my boss and offered me this rational explanation:

People who are unhappy at home vent out their frustrations at work, in office, at their subordinates”, he explained.

“Sir, conversely can it be argued that those individuals who are unhappy in office and frustrated at work, go home and release their pent up anger and take it out on their wives and families?” I asked.

“Yes, that is true – I have seen some persons who are unhappy at work venting out their bottled-up work frustrations at home,” he said.

I looked at the Big Boss and asked him, tongue-in-cheek:

“And what about those people who are unhappy at both places – work and home – persons who are unhappy at work and also unhappy at home?”

The Big Boss looked at me curiously and asked me, “Are there such persons who are unhappy both at home and work? Well, I really don’t know what they do.”

So I said to the big boss, “I will tell you, Sir.”

“Go ahead,” he said, “tell me.”

So, I said to him:

“People who are frustrated at work and also have an unhappy family life  they take out their frustrations and vent out their pent up anger while commuting to work and back home  to and fro  they vent out their home anger while driving to work and their work frustrations while driving home back from work.

These are the road-rage types who are always on a short-fuse and holler at the slightest instance at their fellow travellers in the traffic and even at their vehicles.”

So now, Dear Reader, you know the reason for Road Rage.

If you see some persons losing their cool while driving to work and while driving back home, please sympathize with these road rage types  they have an unhappy family life and also a frustrated work life  poor things!

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
All Stories in this Blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.

Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)

No comments: