Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Unfinished Story – The Politician and The Soldier

 Unfinished Story

THE POLITICIAN AND THE SOLDIER

Story

By

VIKRAM KARVE

______

PROLOGUE

Dear Reader – before I start telling you the story of “The Politician and The Soldier” – let me first introduce myself – the narrator of this story.

I am the politician’s “manager” – his “right-hand man” – his “major-domo” – his “all in one” assistant – or – if you wish to use more uncharitable terms – I am his flunkey – his lackey – his stooge – his minion – you can call me what you like – but I have become indispensable to him.

My “Master” – the politician – he is the “uncrowned king” of the place – wealthy – powerful – he controls everything – and – nothing moves here without his approval.

Everyone is terrified of him – including me.

_______ 

PART 1

One evening the phone rings – the landline number.

It is the “Soldier”.

“Is he there…?” the soldiers asks me.

“Yes…” I say – and I connect the call.

The “soldier” speaks to the “politician” for around 5 minutes.

Then the “politician” summons me inside his office and says to me: “Is there anything in the evening…?”

“Yes…” I say, “you have to attend the party meeting followed by dinner…”

“Tell them I am not coming…” he says.

“Sir – it is a very important meeting – top party leaders are coming – the general-secretary will also be there – you must go there…”

“Nothing is more important than my friend – I have already told him to come for dinner – you call up my wife and tell her to make something special – get whatever she wants from the market – and organize some good snacks to go with the booze…” he says.

“Sir – should I arrange some “Single Malt” Whisky…” I ask him.

“You have been with me for 3 years now – don’t you know – my friend will be getting a bottle of “Military Rum” for me…” the “politician” admonishes me.

_________

PART 2

The “Soldier” arrives at 7 PM in the evening.

The “Politician” is genuinely delighted to see him.

“What have you got for me…?” the “politician” asks the “soldier”.

The “soldier” pulls out a bottle of rum from his bag.

“Ah…” the “politician” says, “let’s go inside and open the bottle…”

The “soldier” goes inside.

I look at the “politician” and say: “Sir – I have got all types of snacks – chicken dry fry, mutton kababs, fish fry, peanuts, pakoras etc. – and – I have briefed the servants how to serve them…”

“Good…” the “politician” says to me, “did you tell my wife…?”

“Yes, Sir – she is preparing a special meal…”

“Wonderful…” the “politician” says.

“Sir – I have informed them that you won’t be attending the meeting as you are indisposed…”

“Ha – Ha – “indisposed” – you have become an expert at inventing excuses…” the “politician” says, “you can go home now – if I want something – I will call you…”

“Thank you, Sir…” I say – and – I turn towards the office to lock it up.

The “politician” goes inside his house to join his friend – the “soldier”.

______

To be continued…

______ 


VIKRAM KARVE

Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All Stories in this Blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

No comments: