Thursday, September 17, 2020

Unfinished Story – Divorce – Part 1

DIVORCE

STORY BY VIKRAM KARVE

Auckland, New Zealand – circa 2015

PART 1

On his table – there was a photo of a woman.

I recognized her at once.

How could I ever forget her…?

He saw me looking at the photo – and – he said: “That’s my wife – Monika…”

“Is she from India…?” I asked him.

“Yes…” he said, “I have an “Indian” Wife – of course – now – she is “Kiwi-Indian”…”

“That’s nice…” I said.

“Yes. She is really nice. I am lucky to have such a lovely wife…” he said, “we are married for 20 years now…”

“That’s great…” I said, “You got married in 1995…?”

“Yes…” he said, “we got married on the 14th of February 1995 – on Valentine’s Day – how can I ever forget…?”

(So – Monika had got married to this man in February 1995 – almost immediately after her divorce from Mohan.

Yes – I remembered quite clearly – Mohan and Monika had got divorced in January 1995 – and – within a month – Monika had got re-married – to this man.

I wondered if it was on a boomerang – or did she know this man for a long time – even when she was married to Mohan…?

And the most intriguing thing that stirred my mind was – how and where had she met this “Kiwi” New Zealander…?)

As if reading my mind – the New Zealander said: “You must be wondering where I met my “Indian” wife – and how we got married…? Come over in the evening for dinner – and – I’ll tell you the story…”

“Thank you – I’d love to hear your love story…” I said.

“I’ll pick you up at 7 in the evening at the gate near Captain Cook Wharf on Quay Street….” he said, “now – let me show you around my office and showrooms…”

To Be Continued...

VIKRAM KARVE

Copyright © Vikram Karve
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:

  1. This story is a fictional spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
  2. All Stories in this Blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:

No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.

Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)

This story also posted in my writing blog at url: https://karve.wordpress.com/2020/09/17/unfinished-story-divorce/

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

No comments: