Saturday, October 1, 2011

TOOTHACHE


TOOTHACHE
A Mulla Nasrudin Story
I have had two teeth extracted this morning and I am in terrible pain. Suddenly I thought of this Mulla Nasrudin story, and as I smiled to myself, the pain seemed to lessen.

Mulla Nasrudin had such a terrible toothache that he thought he was going to die because of the toothache.
He asked his friend, “I have got a dreadful toothache and the pain is unbearable. Tell me, what can I do to relieve the pain ?”
“I will tell you what I do,” his friend said, “Whenever I have a toothache and am in pain, I go over to my wife, and she puts her arms around me, and caresses me, and soothes me until finally I forget all about the pain.”
Nasrudin brightened up and said: “Oh, that’s wonderful. Hey, tell me, your wife, is she home now ?”

1 comment: