Saturday, December 14, 2019

Unfinished Story – The Queer Couple


This Story happened around 37 years ago in the early 1980’s...

THE QUEER COUPLE
Fiction Short Story
By
VIKRAM KARVE 

The Kalka Mail arrived at Old Delhi Railway Station at 8:30 PM.

I hired an autorickshaw – and by the time I reached Curzon Road Apartments – it was almost 9:30 PM.

I ordered Butter Chicken and Naan from Banjara Restaurant (to be delivered home) – and then – I went up to my tiny one room flat on the 7th Floor.

I opened my flat – went inside – switched on the geyser – and changed into my lungi.

I switched on the TV – poured a drink of Rum-Pani (Rum and Water) – and I waited for my food to arrive.

The doorbell rang.

My food had arrived.

The Butter Chicken was piping hot and the Naan were soft and fresh.

I dunked a piece of Naan in the Butter Chicken Gravy – put it on my tongue – and closed my eyes.

It was delicious.

I was savouring the lovely taste of the Butter Chicken Naan – when suddenly – the doorbell rang – breaking my delicious trance.

I wondered who it was – it was almost 10 o’clock at night.

I got up – I walked to the door – and – I looked through the keyhole.

It was a man – a stranger.

“Who is this…?” I asked, in a loud voice.

“Your new neighbour…” the voice on the other side of the door said.

I opened the door.

To Be Continued…

VIKRAM KARVE 


Copyright © Vikram Karve 
Vikram Karve has asserted his right under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author of this work. 
© vikram karve., all rights reserved. 

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a fictional spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved) 

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

No comments: