Saturday, July 16, 2016

Distrust – A Story

DISTRUST
Short Fiction – A Story
By
VIKRAM KARVE

“Are you crazy…? You walked out of your marriage immediately after your honeymoon…?”

“Not ‘after’ my honeymoon – I walked out ‘during’ my honeymoon…”

“But why…? What happened…?”

“Distrust…”

“Distrust…? What do you mean…?”

“Well – I started having some misgivings about her…”

“Misgivings…?”

“I was completely honest with her – I told her everything about me – I did not hide anything from her – but – she wasn’t entirely honest with me…”

“What do you mean she wasn’t entirely honest with you…?”

“She hid something from me…”

“She hid something from you…? What did she hide from you…?”

“A ‘Tattoo’…”

“A ‘Tattoo’…? Are you saying that she had a ‘Tattoo’ – and – she didn’t tell you about it…?”

“Yes…”

“So what’s wrong with having a ‘Tattoo’…? So many girls have ‘Tattoos’. Why are you making such a big issue out of this…? Do you want to break up your marriage just because of a ‘Tattoo’…?”

“She should have told me about her ‘Tattoo’…”

“I have met her many times – but – I did not see any ‘Tattoo’ on her…”

“Exactly – that is the point…”

“What do you mean…?”

“She has the ‘Tattoo’ at a place where no one can see it…”

“Oh – and you discovered her ‘Tattoo’ during your honeymoon…?”

“Yes…”

“So – the issue is not the ‘Tattoo’ – but the place where the ‘Tattoo’ has been inked…?”

“Yes – if she can get a ‘Tattoo’ inked on her body at such a private place – then – tell me – am I not justified in having misgivings about her…?”

“I can understand – but – tell me – what is the precise reason why you left her – the ‘Tattoo’ – the place where she got the ‘Tattoo’ inked – or – is it because she did not tell you about the ‘Tattoo’…?”

“All three – but the worst thing is that she did not tell me about it – and – this raised suspicions in my mind…”

“Oh – and – because of these suspicions and misgivings – you started feeling distrust towards her…?”

“Yes…”

“And you could not bear to have ‘trust-deficit’ in your marriage…?”

“You are absolutely right – it is question of ‘trust-deficit’. Tell me – once the ‘seed of distrust’ is sown in your mind – can you live your entire life with a person whom you do not trust…?”

“Yes. You do have a point. Once a relationship is ‘infected’ by the ‘virus’ of ‘distrust’ – it is better to terminate the relationship abruptly and finish it off – rather than let the ‘seed of distrust’ grow inside you – and – suffer continuously by letting the relationship languish – till you are completely destroyed from inside – and the relationship disintegrates and falls apart in tatters…” 

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
This story is a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the story are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.

Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)
 

No comments: