Thursday, February 11, 2021

Asha

 INTRIGUING ROMANCE

ASHA

Romance Story

By

VIKRAM KARVE

_________

PART 1

Pune

_______

Her name was Asha.

“Asha” means “hope”.

I hoped that she would fall in love with me.

So – I tried my best to “woo” her.

I found out what time she caught the PMT bus to her college – and – I contrived the “coincidence” – and – I landed up at the bus stop on my motorcycle.

Asha was standing at the bus stop – waiting for the bus.

“Come…” I said to Asha, “I will drop you to college…”

“No…” she said.

“Don’t be so formal…” I said to her, “I am going that side – come – sit behind – I will drop you…”

“No…” she said with irritation on her face, “I will go by bus – you please go from here…”

So – I started my bike – and went away – disappointed.

I felt snubbed – but – I didn’t give up hope.

A few days later – I contrived another coincidence – and I accosted her on Main Street.

(I had overheard Asha telling her mother that after college she would be going to Main Street to a famous ladies’ garments shop – so – I was patiently waiting nearby – unseen – like a hunter lays in wait for his prey)

The moment Asha came out of the shop – I smiled at her – and I said to her feigning surprise: “What a delightful coincidence meeting you here – come – let’s go and eat ice cream…”

“No…” she said.

“Come – don’t feel shy – you get the best ice cream here…” I said.

“No…” she said.

“Okay – if you don’t want ice cream – we can have something else…” I said.

“No…” she said, “I am not interested in having ice cream or anything…”

“Okay – at least let me drop you home – you are my neighbour – and I am going home – come – let’s go to my bike – it is parked across the road…” I said.

“No…” Asha said curtly, “I will go by bus – you can go ahead on your bike…”

With these words – Asha turned – and she walked away.

I felt terribly humiliated by her rebuff.

So – I gave up all hope – and – I stopped pursuing her.

________

PART 2

One Year Later

Curzon Road Apartments, New Delhi

_______

I returned home one evening from work – and I was surprised to see Asha sitting with my wife on the sofa.

“Hello, Vikram…” Asha said.

“Hello…” I said.

“You look so smart in your Naval Uniform…” she said.

My wife interrupted and said to me: “Why don’t you go inside and change – and freshen up – I’ll make some tea for you…”

We sat sipping tea in the balcony.

“It’s so nice to see you…” Asha said to me – with a sweet smile.

I was perplexed by her behaviour.

Earlier – she had been so curt and unfriendly to me – and now – she was being so gracious and friendly towards me.

“How did you find my house…?” I asked Asha.

“Come on, Vikram – you are my neighbour in Pune – I asked your mother…” she said.

“Asha has told me all about you…” my wife said.

I wondered what Asha had told my wife – so – I decided to change the topic.

“What brings you to Delhi…?” I asked Asha.

“I have got admission in a Post Graduate Course here…” she said.

She told me the name of the institute – a most prestigious and premier institution.

“I am staying in the hostel…” Asha said, “you are going to be my local guardian…”

“Local Guardian…?” I said – taken aback.

“Yes…” Asha said, “I have given your name…”

“Why me…? I am so young…” I said.

“Come on, Vikram – you are a Naval Officer…” she said.

My wife changed the topic – and she talked about Delhi – what a lovely place it was.

It was getting dark – so I said to Asha: “How have you come…?”

“I came by DTC Bus – there is a direct bus from our hostel gate to your place – the bus stop is just outside Curzon Road Apartments…” Asha said.

“That’s good…” I said to Asha, “it’s getting dark – come – we will walk you down to the bus stop…”

“I thought you will offer to drop me on your bike…” Asha said.

“Of course…” my wife said, “Vikram will drop you to your hostel on his bike…”

Soon – we – Asha and Me – we were driving on my bike towards her hostel – with Asha sitting behind me – legs astride – and holding me tight.

On the way – Asha said to me: “Let’s stop for some ice cream – there is a nice ice cream parlour near our hostel…”

While having ice cream – I asked her: “I don’t understand one thing – in Pune – you refused to come with me on my bike – you refused to have ice cream with me – and now – you asked me to drop you on my bike – and – you asked me to have ice cream with you…”

“Now – you are married…” Asha said to me with a sweet smile.

_________


VIKRAM KARVE

Copyright © Vikram Karve
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a fictional spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All Stories in this Blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.

Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved) 
 

No comments: