Thursday, August 30, 2018

An Evening in Paris


AN EVENING IN PARIS
Cabaret at Paradis Latin
Memories of Our Europe Tour
By
VIKRAM KARVE

If I tell you that I saw my first cabaret as a Senior Citizen – at the age of 62 – you will laugh at me.

Please laugh and make fun of me – because – it is true.

Dear Reader – nowadays – most people are “Been There – Done That” types.

So – whenever I excitedly tell them about my new experiences – they sardonically comment – I have “BEEN THERE and DONE THAT”.

Sadly – I am one of those rare “Not Been There – Not Done That” types.

I have Been “Nowhere” and Done “Nothing”.

So – for a “naïve” simpleton like me – watching a cabaret was a novel “first-time” experience.

Of course – I am not counting the so-called “cabarets” that I saw during my testosterone-charged days in the 1970’s – where bawdy voluptuous females “danced” in a most raunchy vulgar style – jiggling their mammoth bosoms and gyrating their enormous hips in a most obscene manner.

After watching a genuine cabaret – I realized that those so-called “cabarets” of our “inchoate” days – they were not actual cabarets at all – but gross imitations.

So – Dear Reader – Yes – I can say that I saw my first authentic cabaret last month – on July 25, 2018 to be precise – in Paris – at Paradis Latin.

(The History of Paradis Latin goes back to 1802, when the First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte built the Latin Theater, on the rue des Fossés-Saint-Victor in Paris)

The Paradis Latin Cabaret Show was a most beautiful, artistic and enjoyable cabaret – 90 minutes of enthralling entertainment – marvelous mesmerizing “Can Can dances with captivating music, dazzling costumes and incredible choreography.

Let me tell me about my delightful experience.

The whole atmosphere sparkles with radiance – a kaleidoscope of colour and vibrant energy – a terrific joie de vivre – an ecstatic exuberance which elevates your spirits and makes you feel enraptured and euphoric.

The magnificent sets, so lavish and colourful, the resplendent costumes and the fabulous artists – everything is so beautiful and glamorous – it keeps you mesmerized throughout the entire show of 90 minutes.

Though the cabaret focusses on dance (French Can Can) – there are thrilling performances by brilliant trapeze acrobats and contortionists – and incredible aerial balancing by a juggling unicyclist – these spectacular acts keep you spellbound.

The highlight of the cabaret is the variety of high-energy “French Can Can” dances, full of passion, performed by a troupe of talented dancers, handsome boys and beautiful girls, some topless, who perform the vigorous dances, comprising swirling the body, high kicks, splits, acrobatics and cartwheels in a most dexterous and passionate manner. The dance performances contain partial nudity – but it is not vulgar or risqué – but aesthetic and alluring.

In its entirety – the Paradis Latin Cabaret is an awesome experience.

For me – it was a most delightful “Evening in Paris”.

We arrived at Paradis Latin before 8 PM – and I was lucky to get an excellent seat at a table right in front – with a ringside view of the stage.

We were served Champagne – and then – there was an excellent dinner with plenty of wine.

The dinner was over by 9:30 PM – and then – we enjoyed the delightful cabaret show – the grand spectacle of captivating music and fascinating dances – in a wonderful, joyous, colourful atmosphere – that kept us spellbound for 90 minutes – till the spectacular grand finale at 11 PM.

For me – it was a most entertaining experience – and unforgettable “Evening in Paris” – which I shall cherish forever.

Before I forget – let me thank our Tour Operator – “Veena World” – for including Paradis Latin Cabaret in the Tour Itinerary. Had I gone on an “independent” tour with my “Better Half” – I wonder whether my “Better Half” would have allowed me to see a cabaret – but here – on a “group tour” – she had no choice but to accompany me – and – I could see that she enjoyed the cabaret immensely.

For obvious reasons – photography is not allowed during the cabaret show – so there are no pictures in this blog post. If you want a glimpse – you can try surfing the Paradis Latin Website and its Social Media Accounts.  

Dear Reader:

When you visit Paris – do spend an evening at Paradis Latin.

The Paradis Latin Cabaret is an Awesome Experience – you can take my word for it. 

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved. 

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved)

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

No comments: