Friday, May 15, 2015

ARRANGED MARRIAGE DATE aka MATRIMONIAL INTERVIEW

ARRANGED MARRIAGE TIPS – Part 1

ARRANGED MARRIAGE DATE aka MATRIMONIAL INTERVIEW
A Story
By
VIKRAM KARVE

It was a typical Arranged Marriage Date – a ‘Boy Girl Seeing kande-pohe Ceremony’ in Pune... (aka ‘Matrimonial Interview’)

The very first question the Boy asked the Girl was: “Do you drink liquor – do you booze…?”

The Girl was shocked – since she had not expected this to be the very first question from the Boy – and she had not ‘rehearsed’ for this question.

But the Girl recovered her wits – and she said truthfully: “No – I do not drink liquor – in fact – I have never touched alcohol in my life…”

“That is good…” the Boy said.

The curious Girl asked the Boy, “Please tell me – why did you ask me this question whether I drink alcohol – and that too right in the beginning…?”

“Because I drink heavily – and we do not want to be a husband-wife team of drunkards in the house – do we…? Just imagine  how disastrous it will be for our children if both the father and the mother are drunkards…” the Boy said to the Girl.

The Girl smiled – and she seemed rather amused.

Then – the Girl asked the Boy, “Can I ask you a Question…?”

“Sure – you can ask me anything you want…” the Boy said.

“Do you know how to cook…?” the Girl asked the Boy.

“Yes – I know how to cook – in fact – I can cook quite well…” the Boy said.

“That is good…” the Girl said.

“That is good…? What do you mean…? Why did you ask me whether I knew how to cook…?” the Boy asked the Girl.

The Girl looked at the Boy and she said, “Because I do not know how to cook – and it will be a total disaster if our children starve – isn’t it…?”

This Boy and Girl are “happily” married for 33 years now.

The Boy gave up drinking long back – around 15 years ago.

But the Girl still does not know how to cook.

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a spoof, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the story are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved)

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

This is a revised version on my story posted online earlier in my Academic and Creative Writing Journal Blog on March 27, 2015 at url: http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2015/03/humor-in-marriage-mutual-compatibility.html

No comments: