Thursday, March 22, 2012

GIVE and TAKE

Here is a Mulla Nasrudin Story to cheer you up on this hot and sultry Thursday morning:



One day Mulla Nasrudin saw a crowd gathered near the river bank.

A rich but stingy businessman, the biggest miser (kanjoos) in town, had fallen into the water and was drowning in the river. He was shouting for help.

People were leaning over and saying:
Give me your hand ... Give me your hand ... 
but the businessman did not pay attention to their offer to rescue him and he kept on wrestling with the water and shouting for help.

Finally Mulla Nasrudin stepped forward and said: 
Let me handle this.

Nasrudin stretched out his hand towards the drowning businessman and shouted at him, Take my hand ...Take my hand ...!

The businessman grabbed Mulla Nasrudin's hand and was hoisted out of the water. 

The surprised people asked Mulla Nasrudin for the secret of his strategy.
It is very simple, Nasrudin replied.
I know that this miser would never give anything to anybody. 
So instead of saying
Give me your hand 
I said,
Take my hand 
and sure enough he took it.


Dear Reader: Remember this story whenever you “give and take 
Have a laugh and have a great day

4 comments:

Saru Singhal said...

He knew everything. I will surely remember this in any give and take situation.

compassion9981 said...

a lesson for being considerate..

Will recall this in every plight!

Vikram Waman Karve said...

@ Saru - When someone gives you must take

Vikram Waman Karve said...

@ Compassion 9981 - you are right. sometimes a person's attitude or ego comes in the way of accepting help