Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Food Diary – Auckland New Zealand – Part 1

EATING OUT IN AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND
Food Diary – Part 1
By
VIKRAM KARVE 

There is a saying: “WHEN IN ROME – DO AS THE ROMANS DO...”

In my opinion – this dictum applies to Food as well.

So – let me paraphrase the maxim – and give you  the foodie version of this saying:

“WHEN IN ROME – EAT’ AS ROMANS DO...”

And – if you are visiting New Zealand:

WHEN IN NEW ZEALAND – EAT AS NEW ZEALANDERS DO

That is what I did on my previous visit to New Zealand Visit in Dec 2015/Jan 2016.

And indeed – I tried my best to to adhere to this “foodie motto” during my recent visit to Auckland New Zealand in Oct/Nov 2016

Auckland is a confluence of cuisines from around the world – a truly multi-cultural foodie destination.

So – strictly speaking – I did not restrict myself to eating only distinctive “New Zealand Cuisine” – but – “I ate in New Zealand as New Zealanders do” – and I savored a variety of food that I observed New Zealanders eating with relish – Steaks, Ribs, Seafood (including the ubiquitous “Fish and Chips”), Pub Food, Burgers et al – plenty of Oriental Food – and even – Middle Eastern Cuisine (Turkish Egyptian Lebanese etc) and Latin American Cuisine (Mexican etc) – in short – the “works”… 

Dear Reader and Fellow Foodie: 

Here is an excerpt from Part 1 of my foodie diary in Auckland. 

24 October 2016 

Mexican Food Lunch at Dos Amigos Cantina Mission Bay Auckland 

VERACRUZ CHICKEN
Marinated chicken breast topped with our medium spicy Veracruz sauce served on black beans and white rice mixed with sweet corn salsa and pico de gallo.

TEQUILA LIME CHICKEN 
A chicken breast marinated in Reposado tequila, grilled served with red mexi rice and beans accompanied by sweet corn and red pepper salsa.

ENCHILADAS (Vegetarian)
Two corn tortillas rolled with your choice chicken, beef or veggies topped with sauce roja or verde cheese then baked served w/ rice and beans and sour cream 

There is an awesome chioce of drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) – Mexican Cocktails  Mexican Craft Beers – Wines – Margaritas Tequilas  etc – but – we chose the Mexican Chili Hot Chocolate which was superb and unique in taste. 

To be continued in Auckland Food Diary Part 2... 

Meanwhile do click the link below and have a look at My Food Diary of our previous visit to New Zealand in Dec 2015/Jan 2016 (will open in a new window) 



I hope I have whet your appetite for Part 2 of my food diary coming up soon... 

Till then  HAPPY EATING !!!

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

No comments: