Sunday, November 3, 2019

Marriage Expectations

MARRIAGE EXPECTATIONS
Fiction Short Story
By
VIKRAM KARVE

I registered my name on the matrimonial website.

I browsed through profiles of eligible girls.

I liked a girl – she seemed suitable for me.

I sent the girl a message that I was interested.

Next morning – I was happy to see an email from the girl who I had liked.

I opened the email.

The girl had written to me in her email:–

I have a few expectations from my future husband:

1. He must be a non-smoker.
(I was a non-smoker)

2. He must he non-drinker – a teetotaller.
(I did not drink alcohol – yes – I was a strict teetotaller)

3. He must be a vegetarian.
(I was a pure vegetarian)

4. He must be physically fit.
(I was in excellent physical condition – I was very fit – in fact – I had just run the half-marathon last week)

5. He must be intelligent.
(Of course – I was intelligent – I was an IIT graduate)

6. He shouldn’t be a womaniser – he shouldn’t have had past relationships – and – he should be absolutely faithful to me.
(Well – I met this rather stringent requirement too – I was not a “womaniser” – I never had any intimate relationships – in fact – I was a virgin)

7. He should be successful in his career – he should be ambitious to achieve greater heights and reach the top – the pinnacle of success – I want to be married to a winner – not a loser.
(I met this expectation too – for my age – I was highly successful – with promising career prospects ahead)

8. I expect a high standard of living after marriage – to live in a good house in posh locality – to have all the comforts.
(Yes – I had a pretty good standard of living – and I lived in the elite neighbourhood of the city – in my own spacious luxurious apartment in a most posh gated community with the best amenities)

9. My husband should spend “quality time” with me – indoors and outdoors – and I want an active social life – clubbing, parties, entertaining.
(This expectation too I would easily satisfy – I would indeed spend “quality time” with my wife – I was gregarious by nature – and – I was a member of the best clubs in the city)

10. He should be interested in travel – he must take me on holidays to various destinations all over the world – and be adventurous and outgoing by nature.
(I loved travelling and adventure – I had at least 2 holidays every year – and yes – I was outgoing by nature)

11. I don’t want to live in a Joint Family – I want to live independently with my husband.
(I satisfied this expectation too – I lived independently in my own house – and – my parents lived separately in our hometown)

12. My husband should be a modern metrosexual man – progressive, liberal and broad-minded in his thinking – who respects his wife and treats her as an equal – and gives her freedom.
(Well – I had a modern liberal outlook – with progressive views – I was a contemporary urban man – I believed in gender equality – and – I certainly wasn’t an “MCP” – so – I met this expectation too)

Dear Reader – she had a few more expectations from her prospective husband – but – I did not bother to read them.

I sent the girl a brief reply to her email.

I have only one expectation from my future wife – that she should have no expectations from me – because I believe in the saying: NO EXPECTATIONS – NO DISAPPOINTMENTS – HAPPY MARRIAGE.

VIKRAM KARVE 
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
Vikram Karve has asserted his right under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author of this work. 
© vikram karve., all rights reserved. 

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a fictional spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved)

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.
 

No comments: