Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Unfinished Story – A “Clean” Marriage


UNFINISHED STORY

A “CLEAN” MARRIAGE
Fiction Short Story
By
VIKRAM KARVE

Café Samovar Mumbai (circa 2004)

“I want a “clean” marriage…” she said.

“Clean Marriage…?” he asked her, confused.

“A marriage without an “intimate” relationship…” the woman said.

“You want to have a marriage without sex…?” the man asked.

“Yes. A “chaste” relationship – just companionship – no physical relationship…” the woman said.

“Just “platonic” love – no “sexual” love…?” the man said.

“Love…? Well – you can say – a pure and clean “platonic nonsexual relationship”…” the woman said.

The man was puzzled by the woman’s proposal.

Seeing the expression of uncertainty on the man’s face – the woman said to him:

“You think about it. If you think that a “clean marriage” is feasible – and – if you are agreeable for a “clean marriage” – then - please come here tomorrow evening – same time – and we can take it further. I will be waiting for you. But – if you don’t like the idea – please don’t come – I will understand…”

After saying this – the woman smiled at the man – she rose from her seat – turned around – and walked out of Samovar Café.

Next Evening – Café Samovar Mumbai

When the man entered Café Samovar next evening – he saw the woman sitting on the same table.

He smiled at her – and walked towards her.

She smiled back at him – and said to him: “I knew you would come…”

The man sat down in front of the woman.

They ordered Snacks and Tea – the Samovar Special Pakoda Platter and Pudina Chai (Tea).

The woman spoke first.

“I know there are many questions in your mind. Please speak freely and ask whatever you want. After all – we are thinking of getting married – so – there should be no doubts or confusion at all…” she said.

“You want a completely sexless and sex-free marriage…?” the man asked the woman.

“Yes…” she said.

“If you are not interested in sex – why get married at all…?

“Is “sex” the only reason why people get married…?”

“No. But it is one of the reasons…”

“But – I don’t want “sex” in my marriage…”

“But why…?”

“I am afraid of having sex…”

“Oh. So – you are not “asexual” – you have “genophobia”…”

“Genophobia…?”

“Yes – genophobia – fear of sex – you are afraid of sexual intimacy…”

“Yes…”

“May I ask why..?” the man says.

Seeing the expression of discomfort on the woman’s face – the man feels contrite – and he says to the woman: “I am very sorry…”

“No. No. I will tell you. After all – you are the first man who has shown interest in marrying me despite my precondition for a “clean marriage”…” the woman says.

“Your fear of sexual intimacy – is it due to some traumatic incident…?” the man asks the woman.

“Yes. I was badly sexually abused. My uncle tried to brutally rape me. I was only 12 years old. It was unimaginable agony…”

“I’m so sorry…”

“And – after that traumatic incident – I haven’t had any form of sexual contact with anyone – I feel terrified by the very thought of sex – I feel afraid if any man comes near me – or touches me….”

“It’s okay – it’s okay – let’s talk something else…” the man says, trying to comfort the woman.

(Unfinished Story – To be continued…) 


VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This blog post is a fictional spoof, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the story are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.

Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)

No comments: