Saturday, August 15, 2015

THE MAN WHO WANTED TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK

THE MAN WHO WANTED TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK
Theory of Notional Loss
A Spoof
By
VIKRAM KARVE

One day – the man went to visit a colleague convalescing in hospital after heart surgery – following a massive heart attack.

Fascinated by the sophisticated and luxurious facilities in the hospital – he asked his recuperating friend how much the heart surgery had cost him. 

“Over five lakhs,” the patient said.

“My God – that’s expensive. How can you afford it?”

“Medical Reimbursement,” the patient said.

“Medical Reimbursement? Does that mean that you do not have to pay any money for all this medical treatment?”

“Of course I don’t have to pay from my own pocket – they pay everything. That is why I joined the medical health insurance scheme. You too are a member – aren’t you? So even if you have a heart surgery they will pay everything.”

“Really? Is it true. If I have a heart attack right here right now – will they will pay for all my treatment?” the man asked.

“Of course they will pay. You are a member of the health insurance scheme. You are entitled all medical treatment – just like me,” the patient said.

For some time – the man kept brooding – and he appeared to be in low spirits. 

Then – he suddenly started shouting in the hospital: “I want to have a heart attack. I want to have a heart attack.”

Everyone was stunned by his strange behaviour. 

Doctors tried to calm him down.

But – the man kept on screaming loudly: “I want to have a heart attack. I want to have a heart attack. 

So – they evicted him from the hospital.

Later when he had cooled down – his wife and his friends asked him the reason for his crazy behaviour in the hospital.

“I have lost 5 Lakh Rupees...!” the man said.

“5 lakh Rupees? Where? How did you lose Five Lakhs Rupees?” they all asked

“I lost 5 lakh rupees worth of medical reimbursement just because I did not have a heart attack! That is why I want to have a heart attack. So I will get 5 lakh rupees for a heart surgery and medical treatment which is my due,” the man said.

And then – he started shouting again: “I want to have a heart attack. I want to have a heart attack...

Soon – the man became crazy. 

So – they admitted him into the psychiatric ward for treatment.

Of course  though he had gone crazy – he would receive medical reimbursement for the cost of psychiatric treatment.

So – at last  he had got pyrrhic justice  the notional loss he had suffered because he had not had a heart attack  would now be mitigated to some extent because he had gone crazy...!

Look back on your life – have you suffered such notional losses too...?

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a spoof, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh. 
2. This story is a work of fictionEvents, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the story are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Revised Version on My Story written be me long back in 1980s and posted online by me earlier at urls: http://creative.sulekha.com/heart-attack_74770_blog  and  http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2010/11/notional-loss.html  and  http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2013/12/do-you-want-to-have-heart-attack-humor.html  etc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thегe and Thank you so much for sharing this information. It has very useful. Please keep sharing.If you want more about the best treatment for Heart or heart attack treatment please Kindly click the link
immediate treatment for heart attack