Thursday, July 18, 2013

LOVE TRIANGLE SOLVED - QED

LOVE TRIANGLE SOLVED - QED
Short Adult Fiction 
By
VIKRAM KARVE

Disclaimer:
This story is a work of fiction. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. This story is for adults only, so if you are a kid just give it a skip.
NB:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve 2013 all rights reserved


“Elope? You want us to elope?” I ask.

“Yes. That’s why I’ve got my bag with me,” she says.

“But where do you want to go?”

“Take me to your place. I’ll stay with you.”

“How can you stay with me? You’re married to someone else.”

“I don’t care. I can’t live with him any longer. I am moving in with you.”

“You can’t just move in with me. I told you that. You also know that my parents are coming to spend a week with me in Pune.”

“But you have told your parents about me, haven’t you?”

“Yes.”

“And they have agreed …”

“Yes. They have agreed to meet you. But only after you divorce your husband. And let me make one thing quite clear. My parents are quite orthodox. They will never accept a live-in relationship. According to them it is called living in sin.”

“Living in sin? That’s funny. If we have a love affair in secret it’s okay. But if we live openly together it becomes sin.”

“Let’s not argue about this. You know that you will first have to divorce your husband before you can even think of marrying me.”

“He refused point blank.”

“You asked him?”

“Yes.”

“When?”

“This morning. Before he left for Mumbai.”

“Mumbai?”

“He’s catching the afternoon flight to Singapore.”

Singapore? You didn’t tell me your husband was going to Singapore.”

“I didn’t know till late last night. He said he got a call in office yesterday evening. It’s some good job offer in Singapore. They called him over for an interview immediately. He is confident he will get the job. He says that the interview is a mere formality – just to negotiate his pay, perks etc.” 

“Oh? So he will be moving to Singapore.”

“Not he alone – we will be moving to Singapore – he said I was to go along with him toSingapore too.”

“But what about your job?”

“He said that he will arrange with my company to transfer me to our Singapore office. If they don’t, he’ll get me a good job in Singapore. He told me he has enough clout in the IT industry.”

“Of course he has clout in the industry – he’s quite a big shot. That’s why I am so scared. If he finds out about us, he’ll have me thrown out my job. He’ll ruin my career.”

“So you’ve chickened out?”

“No.”

“Oh, yes – you have chickened out. You are not the same any more. What happened to all that talk about how much you love me, that you would do anything for me. You’ve had your fun with me and now when the time has come to do something you want to run away from a commitment.”

“I am not running away from my commitment. I promise I will marry you. I will convince my parents. But first, you will have to divorce your husband. Talk to him. I am sure everything will work out.”

“Nothing is going to work out. Do you know what he said when I asked him for a divorce this morning?”

“What happened?”

“He blew up into a terrible rage. He told me that I would get divorce over his dead body. And then …”

“And then?”

“He brutally raped me. Like always. He is so rough with me, so brutal. He is a filthy pervert, a cruel sadist. Nowadays he gets rough, very rough, he tries to …” – she starts crying – “… he did it this morning too. It is so disgusting, so painful, so terrible – I think I’m still bleeding down there even now. I can’t bear it any longer. His violent sadism is getting worse and worse. I can’t live with him for a single moment longer. If you don’t take me with you, the only way I can get out of this hell is to kill myself, I’ll commit suicide.”

“Please. Don’t cry. Let’s go to a doctor first.”

“I don’t want to. It is very embarrassing. It is easier for me to suffer the pain than bear the shame.”

“Listen. I know a lady doctor. You can tell her everything. She is very nice and she won’t tell anybody. I’ll take the day off. You ring up your office too. We will go to the doctor now. And then I will take you home.”

“I can stay with you?”

“Till the evening. Then you can go and live with your folks for a few days. Meanwhile we will think of something.”

“Folks? I have no folks, no family – I am a bloody orphan.”

“Don’t say that. I know that your parents are divorced. But you are not an orphan.”

“I don’t even know where my father is – he left 20 years ago, when I was just 5 years old. And my mother – she got married to this horrible man – my so-called stepfather. Lecherous bastard. He always had his eyes on me. He tried to … he did … so many times. And he kept threatening me … that he would throw us out of the house … I couldn’t tell anyone … no one would believe me. Outwardly he looked like a respectable gentleman – just like my husband. Those days were terrible. I just hate him. I am still so scared of him. It is to escape from him that I got so hurriedly married to the first boy I saw. I never imagined I would land up in a worse situation. I jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Now you listen – I am telling you one thing – if you ditch me I will commit suicide.”

“Don’t say that. Something will work out. We will find some solution to the problem.”

“Solution? There is no solution to my problem. He won’t give me a divorce. You won’t take me in till I am divorced. It is a dead end.”

Suddenly someone turns up the volume on the TV in the Coffee Shop.

They all look.

The news is on.

There has been a terrible accident on the Pune Mumbai Expressway.

They show visuals of a mangled car smashed into a truck.

The news-reporter is saying excitedly: “… the speeding taxi lost control, jumped over the road divider and crashed into an oncoming truck. The driver of the taxi miraculously escaped with injuries, but the passenger, a renowned Software Engineer, died instantly. His name is …”

“Your husband! That’s your husband’s name. Your husband is dead …” I say, stunned.

“Yes,” she says, taking my hand in hers, “it looks like the problem has solved itself. Love Triangle Solved - QED.”


VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 2013
Vikram Karve has asserted his right under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author of this work. 
© vikram karve., all rights reserved. 

Disclaimer:
All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
NB
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve 2013. All Rights Reserved

Did you like this story?
I am sure you will like the 27 short stories from my recently published anthology of Short Fiction COCKTAIL
To order your COCKTAIL please click any of the links below:
http://www.flipkart.com/cocktail-vikram-karve-short-stories-book-8191091844?affid=nme
http://www.indiaplaza.in/cocktail-vikram-karve/books/9788191091847.htm
http://www.apkpublishers.com/books/short-stories/cocktail-by-vikram-karve.html
COCKTAIL ebook
If you prefer reading ebooks on Kindle or your ebook reader, please order Cocktail E-book by clicking the links below:
AMAZON
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MGERZ6
SMASHWORDS
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/87925

Foodie Book:  Appetite for a Stroll
If your are a Foodie you will like my book of Food Adventures APPETITE FOR A STROLL. Do order a copy from FLIPKART:
http://www.flipkart.com/appetite-stroll-vikram-karve/8190690094-gw23f9mr2o

About Vikram Karve

A creative person with a zest for life, Vikram Karve is a retired Naval Officer turned full time writer and blogger. Educated at IIT Delhi, IIT (BHU) Varanasi, The Lawrence School Lovedale and Bishops School Pune, Vikram has published two books: COCKTAIL a collection of fiction short stories about relationships (2011) and APPETITE FOR A STROLL a book of Foodie Adventures (2008) and is currently working on his novel and a book of vignettes and an anthology of short fiction. An avid blogger, he has written a number of fiction short stories and creative non-fiction articles on a variety of topics including food, travel, philosophy, academics, technology, management, health, pet parenting, teaching stories and self help in magazines and published a large number of professional  and academic research papers in journals and edited in-house journals and magazines for many years, before the advent of blogging. Vikram has taught at a University as a Professor for 15 years and now teaches as a visiting faculty and devotes most of his time to creative writing and blogging. Vikram Karve lives in Pune India with his family and muse - his pet dog Sherry with whom he takes long walks thinking creative thoughts.

Vikram Karve Academic and Creative Writing Journal: http://karvediat.blogspot.com
Professional Profile Vikram Karve: http://www.linkedin.com/in/karve
Vikram Karve Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/vikramkarve
Vikram Karve Creative Writing Blog: http://vikramkarve.sulekha.com/blog/posts.htm
Email: vikramwamankarve@gmail.com
Twitter: @vikramkarve
      
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

1 comment: