Friday, May 5, 2017

A Mushy Romance – The Wallflower – An Excerpt

AN EXCERPT FROM MY LOVE STORY – THE WALLFLOWER

I reach the airport well in time and take up a strong tactical position where I can clearly observe the passengers coming out of the arrival gate without being easily seen myself.

I recognize her at once without ever having seen her. 

Stunningly attractive, a real beauty, smashing, sophisticated, elegant; truly chic – my type of woman – optimally designed, precisely engineered and finished to perfection. She looks so extraordinarily exquisite, so tantalizing, so sensuous, so temptingly inviting, that I cannot take my eyes off her. 

Suddenly she looks in my direction and realizes that I am feasting my eyes on her. 

At first she gives me stern look, then seeing the frank admiration in my eyes, she melts, her lovely, dark, expressive eyes begin to dance and she gives me a smile so captivating that I experience a delightful twinge in my heart.

“Excuse me...” someone is tapping my shoulder form behind. 

Exasperatingly I turn around – and – I glare at the podgy pedestrian suburban unpretentious looking homely woman who has disturbed me – and I snap angrily: “Yes. What is it...?”

“Mr. Vijay Joshi...?” she says grinning like a Cheshire cat, “I am Vibha Gokhale. I told you I’ll recognize you, didn’t I...?”

My Dear Reader  I have no words to describe my feelings at that moment. I’ll only say this. Deflated. Yes, deflated...!!! I’d never felt so deflated before – or since...!!!

Vibha Gokhale peeps past me at the object of my attention, arches her eyebrows, and she says naughtily: “Aha, Mr. Vijay Joshi. So you thought that sexy dish over there is me  isn’t it...?”

I swivel round and round, all confused, and I stammer: “No, actually…”

“It’s okay. You’re not the first one to wonder how a “Handsome Hulk like Avinash Gokhale married a Plain Jane like me...” she says, adjusting the hair pin in her bun. 


Dear Reader – If you want to read my mushy romance love story THE WALLFLOWER – please click the link below: 


It is a longish story – but I am sure you will enjoy reading it...

No comments: