Are you thinking of getting a pet dog? Remember that it is going to be a genuine long-term commitment and your life will change forever. The pet dog is going to be a new member of your family. Before you bring the pet dog into your home and your life it would be worthwhile to read this – THE TEN PET DOG COMMANDMENTS.
1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that when you get me to your home and into your life and family.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me – it is crucial for my well-being.
4. Please don't be angry at me for long, and please don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Always treat me with care and love. I will never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hands, but that I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun or in the cold too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys, especially my last journey. Never say: 'I can't bear to watch it', 'let it happen in my absence' or 'I am tired of you'. Everything is
easier for me if you are there. Remember, I Love You.